When there's a chill in the air and the calendar says October, that means it is time to cook soup around here. Here are a few soups I'll be trying this month:
1. Chicken and Corn Chowder: Corn, bacon, chicken, garlic combine to make a fall/winter wondersoup!
2. Butternut Squash and Apple Soup: I have been itching to try a butternut soup recipe (will my family eat it???) and this one will be my first. Perhaps the kiddos will taste the apples and give it a decent chance.
3. Chicken and Dumplings: This is my favorite "soup" ever. I like it thick and warm and, yum! Maybe I'll make this one tonight!
4. Awesome Stew: With black beans, corn, tomatoes, and sausage, it really does sound like it will fit its name.
5. Chicken and Spinach Soup: Again, will my kids eat it??? It looks so very yummy! I'm just going to have to give it a try and let them taste it blind folded or something. : )
6. Black Bean Soup: This recipe is easy, easy, easy--as easy as dumping cans into a pot and yet, it is so very yummy! Hiding veggies in it is pretty easy too.
7. Egg Noodle Soup: Homemade egg noodles and chicken make this a healthy yummy alternative to the normal chicken soup.
8. Ham and Potato Soup: Potato soup is another of my favorites. I love the thickness of it--add some ham and you have a meal!
9. Stone Soup: You know the one where you just put whatever you have in the pot together? I make that one all the time. Every time it's an experiment and every time it comes out completely different. My favorite thing to start with is chicken stock and I often add tons of veggies and maybe some lentils, but really this soup could go any way you choose. Just keep taste testing as you go along!
10. Beef Stew: This is a good basic recipe, but with different spices, this stew can take on a completely different personality. Feel free to experiment!
I could keep going...there are so many soups and stews to try! Maybe I'll have to do do a Soups and Stews Part II next week!
Have a warm and happy week!
(this list first posted back here)