So how will we celebrate? I think if I had left it completely up to her, she probably would have chosen a Tangled party or a Little Mermaid or other some such princess, which would have been fine, but with the alur of all the pretty parties being pinned on pinterest, I couldn't resist choosing the theme.
We're having a garden party.
So tomorrow, I'll be very busy turning our back patio into a garden wonderland (pending rain, of course...)
Here are the plans:
1. Flower poufs, both hanging from the limbs of the tree that grows on our patio and strung on banners.
3. Silk flowers, real flowers and pretty dishes.
I'll be using this recipe again. I really liked it for the sailboat cupcakes.
2. Watermelon Cake (made entirely out of fruit!)
turkey and mayo
cream cheese and cucumber
(watering cans and flower stickers from Wal-Mart)
2. Decorate Garden Party hats
(hats on sale at the dollar spot in Target for $.30 each, silk flowers from the dollar store)
3. Each girl will also get a packet of flower seeds with a Thank You card as they leave the party.
I'll take lots of pictures and I can't wait to share the results with you!