If you've read any of my Top 10 Recipe Posts, then you probably know that I love chocolate cake. So today's Top 10 will be ENTIRELY made up of the wonderful, the chocolatey, and most of all the cake!
Recently a friend suggested the Hershey's Kitchens site to me. How could I have missed this? On doing a little bit of exploring, I discovered that they have 100's (maybe even 1000s!) of chocolate cake recipes! Wow! I think it's my dream website!
Here are ten of those hundreds that I can't wait to try.
1. Deep Dark Chocolate Cake--this is a classic, moist dark chocolate cake. The recipe calls for buttercream frosting, but I might serve it with vanilla ice cream and thisDeep Dark Fudge topping.
2. Lavish Chocolate Cake--This one calls for both a mousse filling and a ganache and features raspberries. Yum!
3. One Bowl Chocolate Cake--Yeah for easy chocolate cake recipes! This one features an orange frosting. I might try it with that, or go for that buttercream frosting from the Deep Dark Cake above.
4. Celebration Chocolate Cake--With sour cream in the recipe, this one promises to be very moist! It definitely makes me want to celebrate!
5. Chocolate Swirl Cake--This one is a little bit lighter on the chocolate side (hey, even I can understand that some people need a slight break from heavy chocolate every once in a while!) but is heavy on the wow factor.
6. Passover Chocolate Banana Cake--Yes, this might just be a healthy chocolate cake! It looks like snack to me!
7. Black Magic Cake--Here's a little coffee for those coffee lovers out there; I'm not a huge coffee person, but I do love the name!
8. Festive Chocolate Mint Dessert--This one isn't technically listed as a cake, but we've got to get the mint in there, don't we? I LOVE chocolate and mint together, and this dessert looks heavenly!
9. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes--I don't think I have much to say about these except a resounding, "Yum!"
10. Mocha Molten Chocolate Cake--This one fits my highest chocolate cake requirements: lots of chocolate and served warm.
So serve a little chocolate cake, and have a great week!