For many years I resisted the whole "New Year's Resolutions" thing, probably just because I'm stubborn like that. But lately, I've seen beauty in making year-long plans. Here are a few of mine for the coming year. They also qualify as prayer requests, and it'll be fun to look back and see what God has done at the end of 2012.
- Read the Bible through again. I think I'd like to read portions of the OT and NT each day, and I'd love to add some daily journaling/written prayers to that.
- Have some babies! The hubby and I are turning in paper work for adoption very soon, and oh, how I would love to meet that child this year! (or children, I'm just saying.)
- Do something a tiny bit funky: Maybe get a new earring and a strip of red hair??
- Go on a trip (cost efficiently, of course) with my two roomies from college. It's been too long, girls, it's time for some major re-connecting and a lot of girl FUN!
- Have more dates with my older kiddos. I would really love to take each of them out on a special date at least twice this year. I spend a lot of time with the youngest while the oldest two are at their tutorial (4 days a week, 3 hours a day), but I rarely take just the oldest or just the boy out.
- Write and publish a children’s book: Who Loves You the Most? to raise money for adoption. More details coming soon.
- Have a huge yard sale/bake sale/craft sale to raise money for adoption.
- Follow some of those healthy suggestions that are floating around out there (see Pinterest!) Eat fewer sweets, work out at least twice a week at the Y and maybe make a walking date with a friend? Watch portions, sleep well, make a big deal out of sitting down with my family to eat.
- Honor the hubby. I'm usually going goo goo over him (he's very, handsome!) and all that, but I know he feels less than honored when I have a hard time believing his "I love you's."
- Worry less, rejoice more. Complain less, give thanks more. Say yes more than I say no. Enjoy my children. Laugh more. Basically I'm calling for more sanctification here, Lord!
So those are a few of my New Year's prayer requests/plans for what it's worth.
Have a wonderful 2012!
"Then the Lord said..."Now you will see what I will do..." Exodus 6:1