Now, this may not seem unusual to you guys, but this is MAJOR! This is the same hubby whose favorite meal in the universe is some Nacho Grande deal at Taco Bell! Candy bars and bags of chips have, up to this time, been a mainstay to get through the day at work. But he's starting to feel it, and he's cutting back!
In honor of the hubby and his new ways, my list of ten meals (plus more!) for us to try in the coming weeks is all healthy. And just because I can't stand wasting time eating tasteless foods, these healthy recipes will also be completely yummy!
1. I'll start with a whammy. You know pinterest, right? Well I saw this pinned sometime recently, instantly repinned it, and it's even worth posting here too.
Find the list of meals here. Amazing, right?
2. See that number four up there? Well, it's worth a number all it's own. Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate chip Muffins get my vote!
3. You've already heard about our amazing Market Place VBS, and I'm sure you'll hear more about it this week as well. One of the foods the kids could buy with their market place money was this incredible cold lentil salad. I am definitely recreating this soon!
4. Have you heard about purple smoothies? It kind of defies my artistic sensibilities, but I have witnessed the fact that green and blue make purple! This blueberry and spinach smoothie is yummy and definitely great for you!
5. Muffins and smoothies, 20 breakfast meals. Where is the meat?? I love shish kabobs (my mom had a Kabobbit. Anyone ever heard of that?) Here's a yummy chicken and bacon kabob recipe. We love bacon, and it might help us eat a little less of it if we were are eating it in a recipe instead of just straight.
6. And to add to that, how 'bout a good vegetable kabob? Anything from the garden or produce stand could be added.
7. I think putting healthy foods in a burrito, might help my husband deal with them a bit better. Add some salsa to this burrito, and I think you have a winner!
8. Black beans and rice has always been a favorite with me, and to satisfy us more, I could make this recipe with ground turkey and brown rice. Garnish with salsa and low fat plain yogurt and eat alongside a nice green salad (minus the feta) and you have a healthy and satisfying meal.
9. If you're trying to eat better, putting in lots of taste into your food is a must! This lemon basil pasta with summer squash sounds like a winner in that category! I could serve this alongside a nice (small) grilled pork chop for a very healthy meal.
10. And to end with a chocolate cake, here's a relatively healthy option that you can serve with berries: Coconut Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes. No really, they have iron and they are good for you!