We were blessed to have mashed potatoes, a few pounds of ham and a few pounds of turkey left over from holiday meals, so... I have been researching to see what sounds like the yummiest ways to put these leftovers to work for us. Here are a ten ideas I have tried or will try this week:
2. I think tonight's dinner will use leftover turkey for "turkey and dumplings." Maybe something like this recipe only with mixed veggies in it as well.
3. I cant' wait to try substituting ham and cheese (and pickles and mustard) in this cheeseburger bun recipe.
potato pancakes for years! I'm so glad I made way too many mashed potatoes!
5. Remember my muffin-mania? Well, I haven't really gotten over it at all. I have been wanting to try these cheddar-broccoli muffins with some chopped ham in them! A meal in a muffin!
6. Okay, I'm not sure whether this is a joke or not! Can you really use mashed potatoes to make peppermint patties?? I confess my skepticism, but I do love peppermint patties!
7. 15-bean soup: There've been bags of beans in our pantry for a while, and what better time to use them than when I have plenty of ham on hand?
8. I also took the holiday-opportunity of buying up pie shells at Aldi, so I'll probably use some of that turkey to make a pot-pie. I'll make a gravy using a rue, chicken stock, and milk and then add mixed veggies (or maybe broccoli instead) and top it with a home-made crust.
9. I love scrambled eggs filled with stuff! I'm sure that some of that ham will end up in some eggs along with cheese and anything else I can get away with! Maybe it'll be a breakfast for dinner type meal and I'll serve it with home-made biscuits (1 1/2 cups AP flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, and a T of baking powder mixed and cut together with 1/4 cup butter--then add 2/3 cup buttermilk. Pat out, cut and bake at 475 for 8-10 minutes) or with #4 above.
10. And, in case there is any ham left after all these yummy recipes, here are TEN MORE ham recipes including macaroni and cheese with ham!
Linked to Top Ten Tuesdayand Lucky Linky Tuesday.