I'll be using this week and next.
1. Last night's skillet meal: Boil 1 1/2 cups pasta and brown a pound of ground turkey. Saute one chopped zucchini (I would have loved to add mushrooms but the hubby would have picked them out and that's a bad influence on the kids!). For the sauce Melt 2 T butter in a skillet. Add a cup of milk whisked with 2 T flour, a teaspoon of beef bouillon, a teaspoon of garlic powder and a T of Italian seasoning. Pour in a can of chopped tomatoes (juice and all), a T of balsamic vinegar, a 1/2 cup of frozen peas and the pasta, ground turkey, and zucchini. It made for a very yummy skillet dish (and pretty too--I wish I'd taken a picture!)
2. These cheeseburger buns will make a great meal for Wednesday. I think I'll use a can of Sloppy Joe to spice up the meat. (Tonight I'll be at meetings, so the hubby will feed the kiddos and himself left overs)
3. Chicken will do nicely for Thursday. We'll have it baked with baked potatoes and frozen broccoli (cooked of course). I think I'll bake the chicken using this recipe; the hubby loves mustard!
4. Friday through Sunday the hubby and I are taking a belated anniversary trip. We'll be back Sunday afternoon, but Sunday night I'm going to see Sara Groves in concert. Woo hoo! So, no cooking until Monday night when we'll be having company, and I'm going to use an old favorite for pot roast. If you put a roast in the crock pot with a small bottle of A-1, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and a pack of onion soup mix, you get an extreme WOW factor! We'll have zucchini bread, mashed potatoes, and green beans with this.
5. Tuesday of next week we'll be having the hubby's fave: shrimp salad. We'll have it with green salad and left over zucchini bread on the side.
6. Wednesday we'll eat at the church dinner because we have choir and meetings and more choir.
7. At some point next week I commit to make these wonderful home made pop tarts. Wow! We are ALWAYS rushing out of the door for school these days (this is sad since our school is 5 minutes away and doesn't begin until 8:45) and these might come in 'handy.' (pun intended)
8. I figure if I don't buy sandwich bread, I'll have to make it, right? Well, that didn't work so well this week. We just had to live without bread. But next week I'm planning to make 4 loaves again so we'll have bread for the next couple of weeks.
9. Thursday of next week we'll have the famous taco salad.
10. Either Friday or Saturday of next week I'll be making grits casserole and I hope the weather will pay attention to this post and allow a comfortable chill in the air--the perfect weather for this kind of recipe!